Monday, November 5, 2012

Purging

So I've taken on the task of going through Wednesdays toys and getting rid of some of them. Trying! Purging is one of the hardest things for me to do. I hate getting rid of things. When I was a child and I didn't like a toy, when I would ask if I could get rid of it my mother would insist I keep it. It was always something like, "But your aunt bought you that" or "That was expensive" or something of that sort that would make me feel guilty for even considering getting rid of it. I find myself having those same feelings towards my daughters things. I have a crazy good memory for where, when, and how much I bought something for.
It's that same reason as to why I cannot watch an episode of 'Hoarders'. I feel sympathy for them, I can relate. The anxiety from seeing something if value to you being taken away. It's not like these things have any large cash value, but when you have a child, you remember them getting these things and enjoying them. And now my daughter is outgrowing them, and getting so big. Where did my little toddler go? These things we have taking space in our house are a gateway to all these precious memories and the fear is that once the item is gone, there go the memories along with them. It's just sad how fast time goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment