Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Vegan, Nut Free Peppermint Bark

I woke up at 4 am and could not go back to sleep. We needed bread so I went to my local open 24 hour grocery store. While I was there, looking at all the holiday stuff, I saw the candy canes and was like, Why not? So I bought a pack of traditional red and white candy canes along with 2 bags of vegan & nut-free chocolate chips. I went home and started making peppermint bark. So easy and so good!
Take the candy canes out of the wrapping, put them in a sandwich bag (3 or 4 at a time). I use a meat tenderizer (vegans use them too) and pound out all the canes till they are small pieces. Melt the chocolate. Everyone melts chocolate different so I suggest you YouTube it if you are new to melting chocolate. Once all the chocolate is melted, mix in all the candy came pieces. Mix till you don't see the red and white, and till there is no more smooth chocolate. Once you have your chunky mixture, pour onto a cookie sheet line with parchment paper. You can also scoop into muffin papers or foil. Place in the fridge till hard. Break apart and enjoy.















No comments:

Post a Comment