Saturday, December 8, 2012

Life Changing News

Not sure if it's the allergy medicine kicking in or if the news is finally sinking in. This kind of news just is not letting me sleep.
My youngest stepdaughter came over last night with her boyfriend. I knew something was up when they just had to come over but they only had a couple hours to spend with us. When you have an hour drive, you tend to want to make it when you have a whole day to spend there. She had called me at noon but they didn't arrive till after 6pm or so. Just an ordinary evening in December. Christmas movies on the tv, casserole for dinner, pie for dessert, and Christmas crafts to try out. After all that, she asked us to sit down. At that point only a few options come into your head. She stumbled on words for a bit but then finally said it.

 "You're going to be Grandparents".

Excitement raced through my body. I have two stepdaughters and the oldest is 22. So I have been waiting for this to happen for a while. It's definitely a shock when the soon-to-be 17 year old tells you the news first. I was hoping my younger one would be done with school first. I guess God has other plans. The worry is really starting to sink in though. Which is why I am up at 5am. My mother had me when she was very young and it was an awful experience for her. My husband had a child when he was very young and he too had an awful experience. But I truly believe that those awful experiences where because they were with the wrong people. If you are not completely in love, having a child is very difficult. That is one thing I do not worry about. I know those two are completely in love. It's just going to be very hard to juggle school and work.

And here I thought getting rid of all my baby stuff was going to get me pregnant, I never imagined it would rub off on the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment